As with any insurance plan, there are things that Business Protect doesn’t cover.
The exclusions will depend on the options you choose but the main exclusions are:
- Treatment of conditions that the member had, or had symptoms of, before they joined the plan.
- Treatment of on-going, recurrent and long-term illness.
- Routine pregnancy and childbirth.
- Cosmetic treatment.
- If you choose a hospital that’s not in the hospital list we will only pay a contribution of 60% towards the hospital fees.
- If you choose the European and Worldwide Travel Cover option, you will not be covered if you or anyone covered by the option is not medically fit to travel, travels against medical advice or where someone has failed to exercise all reasonable care.
In addition we cannot cover any claims for medical treatment, loss of deposit, cancellation and curtailment where the insured member is terminally ill or has a psychiatric condition. You must also check the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website for the latest updates as travelling against their advice is also not covered under this plan.
Add an excess
The higher your excess, the lower your price. You can choose the level of excess required for each employee – from £0, all the way up to £750.
Your employees or their family members pay this amount if they make a claim. It only needs to be paid once per person in each plan year.
Please note an excess is not available for some cover options. You can speak to our Account Managers to find out which options can be taken out with an excess.
If you would like more information, please feel free to give us a call on 01202 544328