Risk and Facilities Assistant description
Your primary function will be to provide an excellent facilities and administration service to all staff ensuring a safe working environment at all times. You will also be responsible for incorporating general administration duties into anti-money laundering and health & safety activities.
- Ensure all floors are well maintained and provide a safe environment for staff to work in
- Ensure toilet and kitchen areas (including microwaves and fridges) are clean and in working order, and report any issues immediately
- Be responsible for ordering day-to-day stationary, managing costs and maintaining adequate stock levels
- Manage the facilities inbox and respond promptly to issues raised
- Co-ordinate activities for floor representatives and report performance in monthly facilities report
- Manage facility suppliers and be the main point of contact for contractors
- Own the facility suppliers list ensuring these are fully up to date
- Arrange/contact local suppliers to resolve internal facility related issues in a timely fashion, e.g. waste collection, repairs and maintenance
- Provide support with office moves e.g. liaising with furniture suppliers, removal firms etc.
- Produce monthly report on HOL facilities including occupancy, general state, number/type of issues raised, suppliers used, repairs completed etc.
- Procure materials and furniture following receipt of appropriate authorisation
- Fully understand the alarm systems
Health & Safety:
- Identify areas of health & safety concern e.g. cable management, fire extinguishers etc.
- Support the Risk & Security Manager in preparing for six monthly health & safety inspection
- Maintain records for workstation assessments; use of Workrite, HR
- Referrals and external assessments, undertake risk assessments, i.e. Pregnancy, etc.
- Ensure the company has enough fire wardens and first aiders, and ensure training is kept up to date
- Ensure HOL has enough qualified Evac Chair volunteers for each floor
- Working through anti-money laundering entries on Norkom on a weekly basis to identify, report and clear alerts within AXA Group timeframes
Risk and Data Protection:
- Assisting the Risk & Security Manager with risk and data protection duties when required
- Carry out credit checks on new/existing supplier
- Involvement in administration of supplier management due diligence process
- Providing general administration duties across all above areas
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Some experience obtained in a professional office environment
- Ability to understand and deliver for customers and colleagues
- Confident in making decisions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in an organised manner
- Ability to recommend and improve processes and procedures
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain effective
- Strong and positive work ethic and attitude
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
If you would you like to apply please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com