Will you move or moustache this Movember?
Is your moustache doing its bit for men’s health this Movember?
The hairiest month of the year is finally here! Men across the UK and the rest of the world will be growing a moustache in order to change the face of men’s health.
Since 2003 the Movember Foundation has been committed to helping men live healthier and longer lives by raising awareness and educating men in health issues such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer, poor mental health and physical inactivity.
Mo Sistas can get involved too!
But Movember isn’t just for men! This year they are encouraging both men and women to take part and fundraise through the Movember ‘move’ challenge. The challenge is to move every day during the month of November by taking part in a physical activity such as walking or running, how you move is completely up to you…
5 ways you could ‘move’ this Movember…
1. Take the stairs instead of using the lift or escalator. If you have to use the escalator try walking in place instead of just standing.
2. Walk the dog.
3. Ditch the car keys and try walking or cycling when you’re going to work or dropping the kids off at school.
4. Try going for a run or jog after work.
5. Turn your household chores into a workout! Rather than taking your car to the car wash try hand washing it yourself.
So why are they encouraging us to move this MOVEmber? As well as a balanced diet, exercise can be an important factor in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Studies have shown that regular physical activity can help to reduce your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer by up to 50 per cent and could lower your risk of early death by up to 30 per cent1. Not only is regular exercise good for you physically it is also great for your mind – research has shown that physical activity releases chemicals in your brain that make you feel good which in turn helps to boost your self-esteem and overall helps to make you feel better2!
With a great moustache, comes great responsibility...
Join millions of Mo Bros and Mo Sistas across the world by growing a terrific tache or getting active this Movember. Simply choose which fundraising activity you would like to take part in and visit uk.movember.com to sign up!
Support Health-on-Line’s mighty moustaches!
This year staff from Health-on-Line’s Bournemouth office will be sporting facial fuzz in support of Movember. Help support our Mo Bro’s in their efforts and donate by visiting https://uk.movember.com/team/1939885
- The Independent – Forget about Movember, it’s all about MOVEmber
- Mental Health Foundation – Exercise and mental health